Friday, January 18, 2013

Hello... is it me you're looking for?

I’m finding it hard not to admonish myself for neglecting this blog for so long!  I recently became a regular reader of some of my friends’ blogs and realized that I really want to get back into writing. So, here I am.  There’s a lot to fill you in on.  Let’s summarize the last 15-or-so months.

  1. We’re parents!  Emma Jane is now six months old.  She is amazing and we’re so happy to have her.  I’m amazed at how quickly she grows, how much she’s learning to do each month. 
  2. I’m on maternity leave this year.  How lucky am I?  I get to take the whole school year off, returning to the classroom this August.
  3. We’re still in Kazakhstan at the moment.  We decided that becoming parents was a big enough change – no need to throw in an international move on top of that!
  4. We added some new countries to our list of “visited places”:  Uzbekistan (October 2011), Ukraine (Spring 2012), UAE (August 2012), Malaysia (December 2012).  Uzbekistan has to be one of the most amazing places I’ve ever been – the architecture, history and artisan crafts are incredibly unique.  Malaysia wins for one of the friendliest places we’ve ever been, with some of the best food we’ve ever had on holiday (Penang!). More on that later.
  5. Emma’s already been to 8 countries and boarded 13 flights.  We’re traveling with her again this March. I’m amazed at how well she travels, but she’s been travelling since she was 5 weeks old so I guess it’s not strange for her!

That’s the briefest I can make it.  I want to expand on all of this.  Now that things are settling into a routine again with the baby, I think I can do it.  That’s the hope, anyway!  I do miss writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment