Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine
Happy Valentine's Day!  In our house, 'holidays' like this are "craft-only" days where we make a craft or card but don't purchase anything. (We have a beautiful collection of awesome cards made for one another over the years. Great souvenirs  easy to pack or easy to store -- physically or electronically.)

Emma and I made this Valentine for her Daddy, using an idea I got on an craft site. There are so many fun things to make with kids, aren't there? I thought this was a fun way to get a handprint of Emma.  (She has long fingers like her Great-Grandpa.)  The ribbon is the same length as her 'wingspan' fingertip to fingertip. (I made the card by cutting out hearts from old wrapping paper.)

A class set of Valentines
Last year, I made these Valentines for my students.  I do love a good craft project.

No comments:

Post a Comment