Saturday, February 9, 2013

Blue Sky Interlude: Snowy Day


I'm not usually a lover of snow, but I have to admit that it is sometimes very beautiful.  I took this photo in November after a snow storm (it's the view outside our front door). You can see the brightly-colored slide of our little play ground (we live in a gated community, so there were only a few pedestrians about). The snow was still white and the branches of the trees were delicately frosted. Unusually, the sun came out and the sky cleared up. Emma and I went outside and took a walk -- her first snow fall. I sang "Walking in a Winter Wonderland" and took photos of her surrounded by the heat of her breath. And then we went back into our warm house and played with her owl puppet.  Now that's my kind of snow day.

No comments:

Post a Comment